NOTE CHANGES: 2021 YLS applications are due on June 18, 2021 (6-18-21)!
Time & Location
About the Event
2021 Youth Leadership Summit applications are due on June 18, 2021 (6-18-21)!> APPLY HERE < 2021 YLS Application Deadline has been Extended!
Please note that the Youth Leadership Summit’s guidelines and eligibility requirements have changed in order to accommodate students’ schedules for the summer. Please visit our website to see the changes and read the page carefully. We are pleased to announce that we have extended our application period for the 2021 Youth Leadership Summit (YLS). Applications are now due by June 18, 2021.
This year's YLS theme is "Solving Today's Problems to Build a Better Tomorrow." During the Summit, students will learn, utilize, and apply select UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to develop community solutions with their peers.
This year's featured UN Sustainable Development Goals are:
- SDG 3: Good Health and Well-Being
- SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities
- SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- SDG 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
This year’s summit will take place virtually and have two components:
- A workshop focused on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) beginning August 2nd (limited to no more than 50 students selected by the application process)
- A 1-day Public Forum that will take place on August 12th
While the Public Forum will be open for all to attend, only up to 50 students will be selected for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Workshop.
Up to 50 students participating in the SDG workshop will be selected through a competitive application process, which are due on June 18th, 2021.
Selected candidates will be notified on July 2nd and the first weekly session will be held on August 2nd.
To find out more about the 2021 Youth Leadership Summit and to submit your application, visit our website.